Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
NZZ Skid plates are also included with the snowplow package for those that prefer snowplow prep/camper package instead of Z71

NZZSkid Plates, protect the oil pan, front axle and transfer case
1 - Included with (Z71) Z71 Off-Road Package or (VYU) Snow Plow Prep/Camper Package.
2 - Included with (VYU) Snow Plow Prep/Camper Package.
3 - Requires (Z71) Z71 Off-Road Package. Included with (VYU) Snow Plow Prep/Camper Package.
1 = WT. LT, LTZ
2 = Custom
3 = HC

(Z71 is not available on 2500 custom)
Is the NZZ RPO exclusive to the 20+? My 18 is z71 with the prep package and I only have a front skid, nothing on the TC (98% positive of this)

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Reads to me like your 18 LTZ should have transfer case shielding.
I've included both the 2500 sierra and 2500 silverado RPO info for Z71 and for NZZ

From 2018 Order guides:

2018 2500 HD Sierra

NZZ Underbody Shield, frame-mounted shields, includes front underbody shield starting behind front bumper and running to first cross-member, protecting front underbody, oil pan, differential case and transfer case
Sierra - Included with (VYU) Snow Plow Prep Package.
SLE - Included with (Z71) Off-Road Suspension Package or (VYU) Snow Plow Prep Package.
SLT - Included with (Z71) Off-Road Suspension Package, (GAT) All Terrain HD Package or (VYU) Snow Plow Prep Package.

In 2018,
NZZ could be ordered without the Z71
NZZ was standard on HD Denali, Z71 was optional

2018 2500 HD Silverado

Z71 Z71 Package, Off-Road, (Requires 4WD model.), includes twin tube Rancho brand shocks, (JHD) Hill Descent Control, (NZZ) underbody shields. Also includes brushed metal Z71 door sill plate, unique Z71 gauge cluster, unique finish interior trim plates, unique lower bumper appearance, Z71 emblem in grille, Black mesh grille with 2 bar dark chrome inserts and Z71 pickup box decals
LT - Requires (Z82) trailering package and all-terrain tires. Includes (T3U) fog lamps. Not available with (ZW9) pickup box delete.
LTZ - Requires all-terrain tires. Required with (WJP) Midnight Edition. Included with (PDW) Vortec Plus Package. Not available with (ZW9) pickup box delete.

Z71 was not available on WT or HC

NZZ Underbody Shield, frame-mounted shields, includes front underbody shield starting behind front bumper and running to first cross-member, protecting front underbody, oil pan, differential case and transfer case
WT and HC - Included with (VYU) Snow Plow Prep Package.
LT and LTZ - Included with (Z71) Off-Road Suspension Package or (VYU) Snow Plow Prep Package.

NZZ could be ordered separately if desired. (free flow)

·
Registered
2021 Silverado 1500 LTZ Duramax
11 Posts
I like the Z71 for the hill-descent control. I uses this bringing a trailer down from the uphill barn when it's wet/ muddy

41 - 43 of 43 Posts