Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2006 Duramax has held up pretty well the past 17 months/50,000 miles...despite new injectors, two new fuel pumps (yes, two, both within 12,000 miles of each other, and is being done right now), and a host of other problems. But, the way I'm working, I need a reliable vehicle that I know will hold up and be able to go anywhere every weekend...not to mention with cargo trailers anywhere between 2 and 5+ tons in weight behind it. I've got a dealership that's offering me a pretty good trade-in value on my truck, which will cover a good chunk of the remaining pay. Therefore, I've been tossing up and down between a brand new 2500HD CCSB LT/LTZ, or a very low mileage 2011-2014 2500HD. I had hoped to do tuning for sure on the truck, exhaust and other mods would be out of the question due to warranty (at least stock tuning can be reverted :rof )...if you had to have a good daily vehicle and towing/hauling vehicle, would you rather go brand new or is it going to be worth the possible headache to look for a used truck?

Oh, and for those interested, here is the truck in question. Sans a couple mods, which would be towing mirrors, smaller running boards, and a spray in bed liner.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Honestly, I'd probably try to find a mostly stock, used, low mile 2011-2014 and save yourself $10k-12k if money is a deciding factor for you.

If you do decide to buy new, make sure you get a 2015 and don't wait for the 2016's. GM just announced that they will be dropping the power-train warranties on upcoming 2016 models from 5 year/100,000 to 5/60,000. 40,000 mile difference on a diesel power-train lowers my comfort level quite a bit.

My .02

·
Registered
74 Posts
By the way the can tell if you tuned it even when reverted to stock

1 - 4 of 4 Posts