Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been watching the market for cat eye duramax's for a while now, and recently a 2007 came under my radar. Its a single cab long bed in graystone metallic, one of my favorite colors. It's set up almost exactly like I want it, minus cab lights. It looks rust free from what I can see from pictures, which is a HUGE bonus here in the rust belt. Heck, the factory rims ain't even gunked up. Supposedly one owner clean carfax, and I don't have enough posts to ask for a vin check, so I may have to pony up and pay for one. Besides the vin check, carfax, and a obd II scanner to check balance rates, what else should I check? Anything specific to LBZ's, or even standard cabs that I should look for? Oh, and it has just under 150k miles. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's some pictures:

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
464 Posts
Sounds and looks like you found a jewel. I would also check to see how hard upper rad hose is if it was sitting overnight or see if any obvious signs of head gasket leak. Also pull oil fill cap and make sure no puffing haze is coming out of it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Set the oil fill cap upside down on the filler neck.

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
At 150k, it’s not even broke in yet. Not enough to worry about. Check it for codes and drive it. I bought my 2006 last May without even being able to drive it because of a blown brake line. It had 206k on it. So far so good.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got word that they sold it before I got the chance to see it. Guess i'm back to searching. But thanks for the help everyone!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Bummer it sold. But for what its worth, I dont think there is a way to check balance rates on the LBZ for home gamers. Let me know if Im wrong!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Bummer it sold. But for what its worth, I dont think there is a way to check balance rates on the LBZ for home gamers. Let me know if Im wrong!
Also if you or someone you know has an edge monitor you can look at balance rates. That sucks tho I love single cabs! But as others have said check upper rad hose. Request to see the truck cold and check upper rad hose. They’re good trucks tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry you missed out! The vcx-nano is a great tool to have and I would highly recommend it as it can do a lot, i've also used some cheap bluetooth dongle and phone app to check balance rates.
Everyone pretty much hit on everything, look for leaks/rust, check upper rad hose, blow-by test, test drive it. Usually if it had or currently has head gasket issues there will be soot in the coolant tank & its impossible to clean out without replacing the entire tank. Ive tried! Anyways good luck with search

1 - 10 of 10 Posts