Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a LBZ tuned with a built transmission. All else is basic truck things

I have that itch for a new truck and I honestly know very little about the newer trucks as far as known issues that they might be plagued with.

Off the top of my head the CP4 pump was junk on the newer trucks. But other wise.

School me on the years to look for. I don’t think newer than a 2015 is going to happen as building a house is gonna kill the budget

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Early lmls had more issues with def/dpf sensors. The early lmls (11-12s) also had tcm issues.

Besides the possible dpf/def trouble codes the 2015+ prob won’t have to many issues.

CP4 failure is hit or miss. Seems fuel quality plays more of a roll than anything.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I am looking for a go no go on what year, the LBZ reputation was flawless when I bought mine. It’s been an amazing truck thus far. The 2010-12 seems to be the sweet spot for the next generation until you get to the 16-17 which put me out of my budget

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I guess I am looking for a go no go on what year, the LBZ reputation was flawless when I bought mine. It’s been an amazing truck thus far. The 2010-12 seems to be the sweet spot for the next generation until you get to the 16-17 which put me out of my budget

I would say it more like 08-10 for the lmm, and 2013-2016 for the lml

1 - 8 of 8 Posts