Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have 19,000 miles on mine now.My truck with full tanks weighs 10,400 pounds. It's hooked to my trailer 99% of the time. But before I started pulling with it I was getting 13.5 mpg the couple times I checked it.

I pull a 48' enclosed gooseneck trailer for my business. I transport bikes, ATV's SxS's, sleds and ??? for a Powersports auction company. My trailer weighs around 8600 pounds empty. And when it's fully loaded it can weigh anywhere from 15,000 to 18,000 pounds.
As you can imagine mileage varies. I can get as much as 10-10.5 heading east on level ground and down to 8-8.5 heading west. Most of the time I average right around 9. BTW mine has 4.30 gears as well. I don't think this is too bad considering my 1 ton gets 10-10.5 on average pulling the same trailer and loads.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Howdy Hank, glad truck is earning it's keep. Your mileage is a tad better than mine but I have the steel bed and pull a little more weight with the 8 horse trailer. With the 3 horse it doesn't matter much.
Did you read my previous post on the fuel and air filter fiasco?

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I paid 72k out the door with the bed and rhino on the bed. It is an LT, 4x4 but the LT trim does not have carpet, just like a WT.

Availability is going to be scarce if you are wanting a 4x4 but the 2wd's are around. Dealer here has one like mine but 2wd

61 - 64 of 64 Posts