Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't need a new truck, but was considering it. I've got the truck in my sig and have finally saved enough to pay it off. It's only got 116k miles on it. But was considering getting something newer. The only problem is, the ones in my price range have more miles than my truck now. These are the only 2 trucks ive looked at online. Not looking too hard, but there relatively close and i happened to stumble across them in an auto trader magazine. Take a look and give me some opinions please!!!!
Midwest Diesel Trucks LLC - 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT w/2LT - Decatur, Illinois

Midwest Diesel Trucks LLC - 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT w/2LT - Decatur, Illinois

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd really like a DMAX van for going to the swap meets, but can't afford both!

·
Registered
177 Posts
The maroon one says texas truck no rust in description yet you can CLEARLY see the frame in the pics is rust colored.............

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He gave me a car fax for the maroon one, now I know carfax doesn't really mean squat, but it did mention it was bought from an auction down south. I'm not sure if that's something that I should be concerned about or not.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bought and lived in Louisiana and then sold at an auction in Texas

·
Registered
177 Posts
maybe my eyes are playin tricks then, but that frame looks nasty

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree with you on that one. I'm still trying to decide if I should go look at them or not. I HATE dealing with sales people.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Alot of water damaged trucks from Louisiana from the storm.....i looked at one with a friend a month or so ago in Alabama...... they tried to play it off but the dirty stuff under the dash said different.....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmmm that's defenitly something to think about

·
Registered
177 Posts
yea dealerships blow. did the gulf get hit with another storm this season? If so, going to auction makes sense but idk how a flood salvage title wouldnt show up....

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Some just trade them in and buy a new one then the dealership action off....I've known guys that had theirs flooded in port, got them running and unloaded before trouble sets in.....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh man. That's really got me nervous now. Maybe I better not even waste my time then....

·
Registered
177 Posts
atleast with that one. Im a notherner like you. Im flying to texas friday to buy a truck. F rusty north salt trucks

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
Id pass on them both.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Id stay away from black unless you religiously wax your vehicles. The paint on the nbs trucks are horrible and show scratches like crazy. A poorly aimed sneeze will scratch the clearcloat.

But as for an lmm in general, IMO they're the best dmax made yet. Just damn near no issues to worry about as long as you get one that came from a good home. They're solid trucks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts