Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MBRP Installer Series Aluminized 4" Single Duramax Exhaust System MBS6000AL

Just curious what people think of it? I am not getting the down pipe, but since its my first diesel just curious on if i need it or not? Im moving to Cali (Marine Corps) so just want to make sure my exhaust setup will be ok for there emission crap, im from Texas and there not picky but i know Cali is. Also im trying to find the mouthpiece for the turbo everyone keeps talking about mines an 05 LLY.

·
This space for rent!
316 Posts
I was just thinking about heading to the local place here and see what they say. I have always been a dual exhaust guy (Gassers) from way back so it should be interesting to see how much $$ they charge for local work. I know when I was in CA they were pretty stringant about emisions so I am not sure that I would get it done until after you go through it. If memory serves its every 2 yrs so by then it would give you plenty of time to switch. If you do switch it might be advisable to do the cat back system vs. turbo back. JUST in case.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah my first Diesel so i was kinda iffy on what exhaust, i really want duals but just thinking of going cat back like you said. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
I would do a cat back exhaust and front pipe. This will allow you to swap the cat back in when you need in. The cat will still limit your performance and sound gains.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i was told the turbo back include all that, and for MBRP it did. I will just swap out the cat in 2 years. But otherwise I would recommend against them, it was a PIA and most of the hangers did not line up and needed to be bent.

·
Registered
110 Posts
X2 Meyerperformace

·
Registered
609 Posts
OK I have you figured out.....get the full turbo back and do the down pipe, thats where I feel like i got my performance from. the exhaust was helpful, but I really noticed when the down pipe went in. When installing your turbo back exhaust cut the cat so that your front pipe can be welded through it. there will be a straight pipe through it, but the inspection station will never know its hollow. solves your legal issue. I would also do the system with a muffler. it does not cut down on the sound a whole lot either. check out my install video. I got all of my stuff from nate at Performance Truck Products. THey have enough warehouses in texas that it should be a single day shipping to wherever you are by ground....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts