Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone is pointing me toward the LBZ motor over the LLY. How important is this? I have been finding more LLY's and some have lower miles. I am on a budget so to get all the features I want at the right price can be tricky. Adding the LBZ to the mix even limits it more. I'm just wondering how big a difference between the two motors are there and what would you do?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
The usual rule of thumb is to purchase the newest dmax you can afford. I personally love my lly, haven't had any major issues with it as of yet and its been a great motor. The issues you will sometimes run in to with the LLY is overheating if towing big loads due to the insufficient cooling system/poor mouthpiece design and headgasket issues. The lbz is the best of the bunch considering they don't have any of the BIG problems like injectors(lb7) or hg issues (lly). so it really depends in the end on what you plan on using the truck for? If its heavy towing then get the lbz in my personal opinion. If not, then I see no reason to not get an lly.

oh, and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
581 Posts
I love my lly ive had it for 2 years and put about 80k on it and havent had one major problem with it, truck has 235k on it now

·
Registered
945 Posts
a 2006 lly ia detuned lbz. i have a 2006 lly and love it. no major problems.

·
Registered
945 Posts
40 hp and 40 lb ft torque difference

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What about a 2007 in the Newer Body style? Any reason to stay away from those? I like the newer ones just didn't think I could afford one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts