Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was set on a leveling kit at first and changed my mind to just do a 4" suspension lift cause i know i would be happier. but now what company to go with is the question. i want a good system at a reasonable price what everyone is asking for haha. i was looking at rough country, rancho, febtech. but still undecided. i do a good amount of driving so i need this to be tough. should i add traction bars and a sterring stabalizer? what im looking for is suggestions for what to go with and add any extras to make it even better! thanks everyone i appreciate it

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
I have the same questions....need a lift to fit my H2's on the truck...

·
Registered
566 Posts
i have a trailmaster 4". I really like this lift and am very happy with it. it was already on the truck when i bought it, but i looked it up and it is pretty pricy. but it is a great lift cause i haven't had any problems and if i wana take my truck some where i do

i have also heard excellent things on here about the cognito 4-6". idk there prices but if i didn't have my lift, from what i've read id really look in to them

Heres my 4" with 35x12.50

·
Registered
1,680 Posts

·
Noob
161 Posts
Ok here's a noob question. I'm starting to think there's already a lift on my truck that I bought recently, just by it's stance. Where is a good place to look to try to figure out what I already have going on?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Ok here's a noob question. I'm starting to think there's already a lift on my truck that I bought recently, just by it's stance. Where is a good place to look to try to figure out what I already have going on?
you could look on lift websites or post a picture here and someone will tell ya

·
Registered
422 Posts
people with the 4" how was the ride after install better, worst, shaky, squeaky, ect. ect.?

i like the look of the 4" and the idea of it because i load my truck bed up with all kinds of things so i dont want to get to high up. but i would like to have a nice looking truck to support a my company logo one day.

·
Registered
566 Posts
people with the 4" how was the ride after install better, worst, shaky, squeaky, ect. ect.?

i like the look of the 4" and the idea of it because i load my truck bed up with all kinds of things so i dont want to get to high up. but i would like to have a nice looking truck to support a my company logo one day.
i bought mine lifted but the ride is great imo, no shaking or squeaking

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
All cognito kits are top of the line. They only build lifts for Gm products so they know exactly what they are doing. The ride is going to be just as good as factory and in some cases better! If you want a plush ride in the rear you are going to have to replace the rear leaf springs with a set of deaver springs and you will loose a little towing capacity with these. BUT if you are happy with the way the rear rides and don't want to loose any towing capacity then you will just add blocks to the rear. They drive like stock!

Jon

·
Registered
23 Posts
Better than stock by a mile..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.