Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here is my 2007 Lbz and its got a torsion key leveling kit. It rides fine, but i feel like i could get it to ride better. I also am looking to lift it about 2" just to make it look a little tougher. I am just not to sure what my best option is. I am interested in switching to a cognito leveling kit with bilstines to give it a little better ride. But what do i need to do to keep it leveled and pick it up about 2"? Rear blocks? U-bolts? i would appreciate any input on this if anybody has a clue on what my best bet is while keeping a reasonable budget in mind.

Thank yall.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
well decent quality leveling kit (i.e. good ride quality) and reasonable budget don't exactly exist in the same world together.

To get a leveling kit wihout sacrificing ride quality, a cognito setup will be your only option. They retain factory ride quality while not overstressing your components and netting you your leveled look.

there are quite a few guys that run a 1 or 2" block out back with their leveling kits with decent results, however ride quality suffers due to the cranked torsion bars.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
well decent quality leveling kit (i.e. good ride quality) and reasonable budget don't exactly exist in the same world together.

To get a leveling kit wihout sacrificing ride quality, a cognito setup will be your only option. They retain factory ride quality while not overstressing as few ofyour components as possibleand netting you your leveled look.

there are quite a few guys that run a 1 or 2" block out back with their leveling kits with decent results, however ride quality suffers due to the cranked torsion bars.
fixed. Cognito leveling kits, although very well put together, do not address everything that is thrown out of whack when leveling a truck via cranking the torsion bars up, such as CV angles.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Cv angles are not even bad with the kit you guys over stress the Cv angle a little much if you are doing launches that's different but not everyone does that

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
I don't use my truck for offroad fun, racing or sled pulling so i just cranked my torsion bars up 1.5" (green zone) and put 1" blocks out back (you need new u-bolts for that)
I never liked how it steered at stock ride height, just felt heavy and cranking the t-bars made it feel more of how i like it but def sacrifice some ride quality. It still rides better than any of my friends with 3/4 dodge(fiat) or furds.

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Forgot to give ya a pic, figured it would help ya out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the responses. If i got 1 inch blocks and U bolts on the back, how high could i get the the cognito kit up? could i keep it level even with the 1 inch block in the block.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have add a leaf to the rear of my truck in it sit pretty level. Check out my albums I'm pretty sure its in their

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
i have ready lift leveling keys turned all the way up and i run 325/60r20's also

i also have a huge bumper to weigh it down but it rode great even before the bumper now with the bumper it rides like a caddy ive had it this way for the last year and half besides the bumper and it rides better than my buddies lml

cv's are dead lvl also

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
i have ready lift leveling keys turned all the way up and i run 325/60r20's also

i also have a huge bumper to weigh it down but it rode great even before the bumper now with the bumper it rides like a caddy ive had it this way for the last year and half besides the bumper and it rides better than my buddies lml

cv's are dead lvl also

for some reason I wanna call bs on running 35's on a leveled truck and having it "ride like stock and have dead level cv angles"

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
i cant prove how it rides but i sure can prove the 35's and the cv's and torsion keys...give me a minute

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I need to find a smiley or animated gif for inserting one's foot in their mouth........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts