Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My name is Joel and new to entire diesel world. I am looking at purchasing a 2005 3500 cc lb. I am curious as to what I should be aware of prior to commiting myself to this purchase. Are there any known issues with this model that you are aware of? Like I said it is 2005 with 25K miles and the dealer is asking $27,888. The miles seem really low, but it could still be a good find. I would like to know if the red flags would be raised and any precautions to take. I plan on looking at a carfax and taking it to a mechanic. It looks fairly clean and I have not been down to see it just yet. It is being shipped back from Spokane. Any adive would be greatly appreciated.

Cars for Sale: 2005 Chevrolet Silverado and other C/K3500 4x4 Crew Cab LS in Pasco, WA 99301: Truck Details - 277407473 - AutoTrader.com

·
Vendor
10,964 Posts
Nice looking truck. With the 05s they sometimes have overheat issues that can be fixed with a turbo mouthpiece upgrade. Other than the LLY is a good motor. It is what I have in my 06.

Looks clean. If not a chevy house, take the VIN to a GM dealer and ask them to pull the VIN to see what warranty/routine maintenance has been accomplished.

Take care,

·
Registered
566 Posts
Looks like a sweet truck.
The price looks good too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts