Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 40’ 5th wheel holiday trailer in Ringgold Georgia. I’m looking for someone to haul it to the nearest Canadian border crossing. Is there anyone out there that can help me out?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I would look into having it shipped on a rail car instead of paying some to drive for days with it in tow.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The RV transport company I've pulled for would be in the neighborhood of $2500 to Windsor Ontario, figuring 1000 miles. Some may do it a little cheaper but the RV transport industry is busy right now restocking dealer lots.

Are you looking for a legitimate hauler or just any good ol boy that'll help out?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Better make sure you know who is going to insure it while it is being transported. You or the hauler?

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
Sell it where it sits....buy one where you're at. It's not like there's not 30x more RVs than people really use anyway, collecting dust in storage.

Problem solved, with no Border hassles and $$$ loss for transport. (y)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yeah but.....
It's not always that easy. People want what they want. I picked up a used Arctic Fox TT last year in Phoenix with a delivery to northern Georgia. I picked up a new Montana 5er in central Minnesota last summer and delivered it down around Dallas. I think they were both in the 1200-1300 mile range. It happens all the time. The RV transport industry lives mostly off of delivering new RVs to the dealers but long haul deliveries of new and used campers are very common as well. As a hauler, you just hope when you pick up a used one that it's at least halfway roadworthy. A new set of tires is always a plus.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
....and greasing the bearings.

Reactions: blythkd1

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought I would ask on this forum first. I'd rather put some money in another members pocket if the job can be done for a reasonable price, and safely done. We searched for a used 5er in Canada for several months. The unit we bought was a fairly high end trailer. We did find only 2 of this model in Canada for sale. The pricing was out to lunch though. Even with our lousy dollar. The pricing was much better from the dealer in Georgia. We saved over $30,000.00 buying it in your great country. Getting it home is NOT a hassle. I'm actually going to get it myself. But who knows when the borders will open. So, that's why we thought about having it hauled to the border.

·
Registered
200 Posts
If it were closer to us my bride and i would gladly do it.
Hope you find someone!

Reactions: 07GFX
1 - 14 of 14 Posts