Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a front hitch for my 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3.0 Diesel Crew Cab Short Bed.

Made the mistake of ordering the Curt C31088 from Amazon and tried to install it but the front brackets would not bolt on.

Consulted eTrailer and they verified that neither the Curt C31088 nor the DrawTite 65082 would fit models with 2.7L Turbo or 3.0L Diesel engine.

Does anyone know if there are any front hitches that will fit my truck?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know what was in the way? Intercooler or something maybe? You may have to do some modifications to one of those hitches to get it to work..
Yes, the front brackets were not wide enough to clear the radiator. It might of been possible to customize the hitch and if I had the tools I might have attempted it but unfortunately you would need some good shop tools to cut and possible weld some new brackets. Way too much work for the typical layman.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FYI - there is now a front hitch that fits the LM2 trucks

Bless you DM, just saw your reply and quickly went to order the hitch and etrailer is stating estimated delivery is 1 month out. Wow, that's crazy.

I found that TorkLift also makes one that will fit my truck but they want much more for theirs $314.99 plus a $250 Rush Build Fee:

Cursed Covid strikes again!

Thanks for the heads up though, haven't decided if I want to wait a month but will reach out to etrailer just to verify if that is an accurate date.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.