Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s a challenge to dump oil from a 2.5 gallon jug into my 2020 L5P using an 8 inch funnel without spilling over, and with the filler so close to the firewall there’s not a lot of clearance under the hood for the large jug. Maybe smaller jugs or a different funnel would work better. What are you using?

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
I don't think the funnel above will work well with the 2020 L5P because the oil fill tube is high up close to firewall and the back edge of the hood. It's too tall to allow oil to be poured into it. What's needed is a low profile funnel but even then a 2.5 gal container is too large to fit into the small space. I've tried that and ended up pouring the oil into a one gallon container before adding the oil. It's a close fit even then.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It's about 9 inches tall, on my 2011, the oil fill is in the front, so no problem

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks fellas. I’ll try the funnel mentioned above. Looks like it’ll work better than mine, and it’s a cheap experiment. Might have to try smaller jugs next time too.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Have you looked at the DEF screw on accordion pour spout? I know they screw on to many different containers. Got an air vent built in. If it works for you...no funnel needed.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've been wondering about this myself, no lies here I have spilt some oil on driver side engine due to my current funnel either leaking or falling out. Halfway tempted to get a multi purpose oil pump.

·
Premium Member
10,740 Posts
Reactions: BrokenBackJack
1 - 12 of 12 Posts