Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I went with the Kryptonite UCAs to correct the ball joint angles and to have easily replaceable ball joints when it came to it. Originally I was going to crank further (possibly change the keys because they came with the kit) and drop my front differential, but I started looking at that and decided that I couldn't do that on my own. I also changed out the stock rancho shocks to bilstein 5100s. Ride is much better.

The tires do rub slightly at full lock on the UCAs with the stock denali rims. I rarely turn to full lock, so it isn't an issue.

Reactions: DMAXfirefighter

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well, it took me a while, but I finally pulled the trigger on a tire setup. Had a friend that changed his tire setup and went to 35s, so I bought his 33x12.50x20 BFGs. I didn't alter the height at all from where it was, and I have no rubbing full-lock to full-lock. And the look is just what I was going for.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Good look

Not to derail, but what % is your windshield? I've debated on doing mine 50% below my eyebrow, just don't want it too dark

·
Registered
36 Posts
Anyone run 285/60/20 on a non leveled truck? Seems like it should work but want to make sure. Thinking about going Nitto RG.

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Good look

Not to derail, but what % is your windshield? I've debated on doing mine 50% below my eyebrow, just don't want it too dark
My last two LBZs before were 50% and it was awesome with the brow. This truck is supposed to be 50% as well, but seems darker than that- could be due to having the rear windows tinted as well that I haven't done in the past.

Have not leveled or touched the front end

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have 275/65/R20 Ridge Grapples on my stock rims. Handles and tows great. I have my front Keys cranks up an addition 1.00" with airbags in the rear.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Guess my buddy will like that looks and stance as well. He's looking to get a set of wheels and nitto ridge grappler tires to replace the Geolandar AT tires.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts