Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got two injectors starting to go bad and I was just looking to see if anyone had a set of new injectors that never got installed or only has 2-3,000 miles on them because they wanted to go a new route and now will sell em for a discount prive etc. Ext. I know I can buy new ones from Lincoln and exenergy but I am a pipeliner and now that oil prices are cut in half I'm trying to pinch Penney's because I don't know if I'll get much work this year

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Well, if you do want a price let me know. I can assure you the warranty of knowing they are covered for a year with unlimited mileage is worth the couple hundred your looking to pinch.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your absolutely right about the warranty..quick question for you. If I buy stock injectors from you and let's say a year from now I want to upgrade to 30%-40% nozzles can I just buy a set of nozzles and change em myself or do I have to have the injectors sent off and rebalanced ect?

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
We personally like to see nozzles put on new injectors only. Especially on the LB7 ya know! On the newer trucks we have sold nozzles to customers with less than 30k on a newer set of injectors. In the end its your truck and your risk but we still suggest at least sending your stock injectors to be honed out and rebalanced for better reliability over swapping nozzles yourself. I can give you pricing for stock injectord and 30 or 40 overs. Do you know what youd want if going bigger?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've visited your site a few times so I have a general idea of what the cost would be as long as those prices don't change in the near future...but yea I get it I have let pinching Penny's cost me more in the long fun a couple times..anyways I watched a duramaxtuner video and they said up to 40% on a basically stock truck.. IF I don't go back with stock I want as big as I can go with still having the same or better fuel mileage than my stocks and that can be run on a stock turbo truck and tow without seeing crazy etgs..basically my only reason currently for wanting 30%-40% sticks is to decrease my pulse width and timing so I can run some small 30-60hp stock trans tunes and not over work these fragile injectors and possibly be easier on the bottom end..and just to know that in the future if I go all out I've got room to grow....so what would the biggest you would suggest on a stock truck that wants to tow up to 10,000lbs and retain fuel the best possible fuel economy...... PS I prolly will never have a built bottom end so 450rwhp is "probably" the most it will ever see

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Id go with 30% overs at the most then. Bigger than that and your price jumps up more.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Pm sent

1 - 8 of 8 Posts