Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to lift up a 2006 4dr 2500 silverado 4x4 suspension around 4" (need more clearance).
-Also tires and rims to match this lift with no clearance problems.
-A good programmer gauges and mounting hardware for a clean install.
-I also want to add heated seats to the none heated leather interior none bucket split bench.
Thanks for the help
The more information the better

·
Registered
300 Posts
EFI live will be out this month for the 06s IIRC. Thats would be my choice for a programmer. I dont know much about the tires. The headted seats on the 60/40 split would be hard i think. Im sure it would be easyer to get captains chairs with heat out of a nother truck.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I have the bench seat with the fold down console 40/20/40 if that's what it is called. I had the dealer install an aftermarket seat heater set. I don't really know what brand they are, but they work good. You will have to go aftermarket for that. As far as lift and tires that will fit it...couldn't tell you. My truck isn't lifted...I'm not sure of the lifts that are available in 4" either. I have read on other forums that 33x12.50 fits nice without any rubbing...but I'm sure bigger will fit nice with the right rims and backspace. Guages are up to what you like. Most of them are pretty good. Pillar mounts are real common. I read that if you have the bose system to buy the pillar without the hole and drill your own in it. The ones with the hole for bose seems to fit bad according to the people that have installed it. You can also mount your guages in the overhead console above the rear view mirror, but that mount tends to run about double what the pillars do, but IIRC it is made out of aluminum.

·
Registered
31 Posts
4 inch lift

I'm looking to lift up a 2006 4dr 2500 silverado 4x4 suspension around 4"
-Also tires and rims to match this lift with no clearance problems.

The only option I found for 4" is the Rancho Kit(gorancho.com), which have had the chance to ride in off and on road. It was OK, Fabtech's ride on 6" lift more impressive. Owner was using 33's, kit claims 35's possible, u have to watch your backspacing, no less than 4.5" on 8" wide. The kit uses rear blocks, which I do not like.

I only did the ORU leveling kit with steering upgrades. I love it, handling, tow and off road is great all around. Did not want degrade handling and towing. I only use 265/75 16E's though have seen 285's on stock rims with no clearance issues.

Only seat mods I could find for both electrical adjust and heat were all aftermarket, or as the other gentlemen said, salvage yard. Hope that helps.:drink

·
Registered
15 Posts
HP Upgrades

normyo1,

Get a Diablo Predator and a set of gauges as well as a cat back exhaust system and you'll be set to go for your HP needs. WE stock the Auto Meter, Isspro and DiPricol gauges, mounts, color matching paints etc etc as well as the MBRP and AFE exhaust systems. The mount that has the speaker hole if it's made by Auto Meter fits well, there are other brands out ther that do not fit the speaker cut out correctly though. Call us if you have any questions etc.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just lifted my '06 2500HD 4" using the RCD Kit. The RCD kit is a 6" lift, but just use the block on the rear (no added leafs) and crank the front down until you hit the stops. The truck now sits level and looks great. Most lift kits make the truck front high naturaly. I added 295/70/R17 Nitto Terra Graplers on DC-1 Rims. I needed to trim the skirt a little, nothing big there. Over all net lift (kit & tires) was 5" and it still rides great!

·
Registered
29 Posts
For heated seats, try Geno's Garage...They sell inserts for Dodge with leather. I bet they have something for Chevy and Ford as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm running the Rancho 4 inch kit and i have 315/75R16's (35's) with a spacer in the front (not sure how much) and depending on the tire they might rub a little but nothing noticable. Im pretty sure the suspension has stayed the same since '04

1 - 9 of 9 Posts