Down for a couple weeks. Waiting on the pusher intake and Y-bridge then I have to get it powdercoated.
pusher intake emailed me yesterday and apologize for dropping the bomb and not getting to my order and questions. So they didn’t ship out my intake last week. So I’m set back a little longer 😞.
Finally was able to work on the dmax again today. I received the new pusher intake and Y-Bridge. I really wanted it to match my other green powder coating so I ordered raw and bought a home powder coat set up. After a few more weeks of waiting for those parts today a buddy and I started working on it.
We cut off the OEM Y-Bridge since the bolt broke off and we couldn’t remove it. Then powder coated the new Y-Bridge. I think it came out pretty good considering it was a metallic and 2 stage and my first try.
tomorrow will be turbo install and hopefully up-pipes and down pipes installed.
Also finished up the Air Dog Lift pump install. One of the 90° fittings I ordered did not fit so unfortunately the press forward we just made a larger been with the hose. Not too happy about it but it works. Ordered a couple anodize fittings to make it look a little better since my trucks it’s 12 inches off the ground and it’s easily visible. We ran the wiring harness up the chassis and strapped it in. Just need to do the final terminations at the fuse panel.
Got the turbo installed. New hoses for the waterlines and new gaskets at the oil pipe flange. Torqued the turbo manifold down to spec’s. I had to remove the turbo blanket to get to two of the bolts but luckily was able to get the blanket back on after.
Got the passenger side a pipe on but not tight. Having a real tough time getting the driver side of pipe to fit back between the firewall and the motor. Got frustrated and gave up. Taking a break this weekend and going to the desert camping. I’ll jump back on it next week.
thank you blownL36 for all your help. Thanks for your leads I’ve purchased a few extra parts to make this build better. I bought the Topkick fan clutch which will get installed next week. And a new heavy duty serpentine belt.
In the beginning of this bill I purchased the offbrand a eBay special Turbo mouthpiece. I went ahead and strip it down and powder coated it to match the rest of my parts. After really handling this part. A lot with stripping it down and sanding it. It’s actually a pretty decent part. When I sanded it down the material was not smooth. It had a lot of lines going down it like it was machined and not molded. After my two stage powder coat it filled that in and actually came out pretty nice. So far I would definitely recommend the $70 part Compared to sinister’s $200 part that does the same thing.
Looks great man, love the color. Just an fyi if no one has mentioned this to you. You might want to put some anti seize on all of those up pipe bolts. Just in case you ever need to take the up pipes off.
. Well not much to look at but actually got most of everything bolted up on the top of the motor. We broke a couple connectors when we put the turbo back in so I had to build a couple new harnesses and do some soldering most of the day. The new Y-bridge pipe by pusher caused the hard fuel line to have to be rerouted. So I need to order some new fuel line. Did put the new fan clutch and new serpentine belt on. Wired up though lift pump. Was actually a pretty productive day. Going to hit it again tomorrow And install the downpipe and drivers up pipe. Then I’ll strap the wiring going to cross the firewall. hopefully we only have one or two more weekends and it’s done
Got the Up Pipes installed today and cut down the lift pump harness. Having a hard time getting the V-Band clamp on the down pipe. But making good progress. Going to sandblast the battery tray mounts and powder coat them.