Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have an 05 lly with efi afe intake with mp, downpipe with 4inch back, ppe lift pump and shim kit, suncoast stage 5 with shafts bd vb and 2100 stall suncoast tripple disc. i just ordered the new kryptonite tie rods from dmax store. any body have anyother suggestions on some more mods. and water meth is coming real soon. thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya those will be on the list.. im wondering if im going to have problems with my cv axles my torrsion bars are cranked but not all the way just enough to clear the 31s with 20s

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump........

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ha all the above...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya thats what im thinking. i want a big single vgt...

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
not really such a thing as a big VGT. 71mm cheeta being the biggest but still in a small housing.

you can look into a wicked diesel cp3 and/or regulator to help bring rail pressure up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what turbo would you suggest? i want to run low 13s to high 12s

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its a dd it will never have a trailer behind it. and it will be taken to the track on the weekends.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
twins would be a safer way cause of the lower cylinder pressure and would be a little easyer on the engines bottom end and would make a better dd

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
what turbo would you suggest? i want to run low 13s to high 12s
you can easily run those times with the stock turbo. the time in my sig is with a stock turbo.

i ran 13.5 on even the stock trans. full weight crew cab

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
twins would be a safer way cause of the lower pressure on the engine parts and would make a better dd

not trying to be a dick or anything man but that makes no sense.

what turbo you run has absolutely nothing to do with internal pressure ( Cylinder pressure would be the correct term) boost is boost and it raises compression and pressure as it builds. most twin setups create more boost and therefor even high cylinder pressures then singles. there benefit comes from the faster spool up and possibly lower egts (a good single will have about = WOT egts if setup properly)

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
no problem beech i was having a brain fart at the moment
im still learning but i thought i read that twin have lower cylinder pressure then running a large single turbo

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so any suggestions on a turbo?

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
technically, not true. Much higher intake temps (less efficient singles) will result in higher CP.
true air density does play a roll however a minimal one IMHO. a properly setup single should not be seeing very different IAT's then a comparable twin setup using the stocker as the high pressure

so any suggestions on a turbo?
i say stick with stock for now, you have yet to tap all its potential. once thats done and you still want more then stat looking into options

no problem beech i was having a brain fart at the moment
im still learning but i thought i read that twin have lower cylinder pressure then running a large single turbo
its cool man its all complicated crap and in some ways yes twin trucks will run better/cooler but for the most part in my experience most ungated twin kits with an s475 push around 50+psi and most afterarket singles will usually be gated to about 40. at least when your still working with a stock motor.

singles do create some more stress in the low rpms though as the engine is trying to spool but its a trade off for flow one it lights seeing as stockers are the restricting factor in most basic twin kits

1 - 20 of 34 Posts