Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 gmc Sierra classic and its the stealth grey/blue granite (whatever the actual color is) and I'm looking for ideas. Anything as far as rims and tires, color matched stuff, just things to make my truck stand out from the other 3 that are the exact same as mine. Any pics or any suggestions would be great.

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Post a pic of how yours looks right now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All stock

Attachments

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
What kind of look are you going for?

·
Registered
502 Posts
IMO I would tint the front 2 windows to match the back and maybe color matching the fender flares would be cool

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Couple ideas.... Aftermarket rims/tires make the biggest difference. Color match the chrome bumpers & flares. LED tail lights. Personally I like the NBS 2500HD emblems on the OBS trucks. Tinted windows.....

·
Registered
674 Posts
Taillights for sur. Get that orange off there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm definitely gonna be getting the Chevy tail lights and swapping the badges for the nbs I like those a lot better as well. I wanna see some pictures of trucks the same color with aftermarket rims I've only been able to find one that I actually like so far but would love to see others

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The xd spy

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
I like the stock sleeper look myself. i think your truck looks great as is! But if you had to do something I agree with the taillights, NBS emblems, and tinted windows.

·
Registered
60 Posts
add one of those LED light bars that go right below your tailgate. They're not too expensive and look cool.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
If it were my truck I would color match the fender flares, and bumpers, get HID's and replace the head lights with clears, get the chevy tail's with LED's. Then get the wheels, if you are on a budget, you can pick up some H2 wheels for a great deal if you look around, and you can powdercoat them or plastidip them. you can fit 33's without too much trimming or tbar cranking with that set up. Or Zone lifts are great quality for a good price as well.... or you could go all out and get rims and tires and lower it... it all depends on what you want, and just ask us, there are a ton of things you can do to improve the look of a truck on a budget!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a ready lift leveling kit on it so not gonna lower it any. All these sound like good ideas but would like to see some trucks with it done. It's such an odd color that I'm not sure what all would look good, just looking for some ideas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's a pic with color keyed fender flares, you can also kinda see the tinted LED tail lights. Also have the LED light bar under the tailgate. I threw a set of mudflaps on now just to keep my exhaust tips from getting hammered up. Also I thought the chrome handles dressed it up a little nicer then the black.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks good

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Messed around with Photoshop, what's some of your opinions or suggestions???

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
I know its a chevy BUT have the same color (love it) and thought I would give you at least a peak at what different rims look like with your color. I L-O-V-E my rims, Fuel Throttles wrapped nicely with Toyo AT2 extreme's. 285/65/18=32.8" tire. I agree with AJ about tires and rims will make your truck look better than about any other mod. One reason I got the Fuels is because no one else had them, tons of people had rims that I liked but I didn't want what 'others' already had. XD's are sick, but popular and still haven't seen the throttles on another truck yet, think the black and silver in the rim compliment the truck nicely (wish I could take credit for it like I knew what I was doing). Also have the spyder led plain red LED tail lights and they cleaned up the look of the truck nicely and are way bright, love em too. HID's are amazing, will never go back to halogens... think that's about my $.04 by now... good luck and nice looking truck you have.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know its a chevy BUT have the same color (love it) and thought I would give you at least a peak at what different rims look like with your color. I L-O-V-E my rims, Fuel Throttles wrapped nicely with Toyo AT2 extreme's. 285/65/18=32.8" tire. I agree with AJ about tires and rims will make your truck look better than about any other mod. One reason I got the Fuels is because no one else had them, tons of people had rims that I liked but I didn't want what 'others' already had. XD's are sick, but popular and still haven't seen the throttles on another truck yet, think the black and silver in the rim compliment the truck nicely (wish I could take credit for it like I knew what I was doing). Also have the spyder led plain red LED tail lights and they cleaned up the look of the truck nicely and are way bright, love em too. HID's are amazing, will never go back to halogens... think that's about my $.04 by now... good luck and nice looking truck you have.
Thanks a lot I always loved the XD Spy like the picture I posted before but I saw a duramax with the Hoss and just thought it looked really good. I need to get new headlights, a tractor trailer went by a few weeks ago and threw a rock up and cracked the lens on the driver side... But thanks for the pictures and nice truck as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
looks a little different then the original all stock. After tinting windows, leveling it, blacking out all the chrome, threw a set of BMF Repr 20x10 on her and it made all the difference in the world!!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts