Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dealer says my inlet vanes on my turbo are worn and should be replaced anyone know where to get a fair priced turbo dealer wants 2200.00 for a stock one....this would be ontop of a head gasket job...ouch thanks in advance

·
Registered
484 Posts
$2,200 !?!?!

There is some aftermarket kits that will flow better and make more power for slightly more cost. I wouldn't shell out that much for another stocker. I have seen used LB7 turbos for as cheap as $200 from people that took them off and upgraded FYI.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I take it that your truck is outside warranty? It should be covered under the emissions warranty as long as you were running a stock airfilter when you took the truck in.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
BD just released their new turbo about 2-3 weeks ago. Great upgrade if adding more power. PM me for price

SUPER MAX TURBO SYSTEM

Can you handle 550-bhp? The BD Super Max Turbo Can.

When you've pushed the performance envelop of your Duramax as far as it can go with simple bolt-ons, it's time to step up to the big leagues with BD's new Super Max turbo kit for the 2001-2004 LB7 Durmax engines.

Engineered by BD and built to our exacting specifications by BorgWarner Turbo Systems' AirWerks program, the Super Max creates enough airflow for up to 550-rwhp at 45 pounds of boost on diesel only (up to 675 rwhp with a shot of nitrous!). Increased efficiency reduces exhaust gas temperature (EGT), lowers emissions and even improves fuel economy over the stock turbo.

The unique extended-tip compressor wheel, combined with full-floating journal bearings, was designed to deliver quick spool-up and improve airflow across the entire rpm range-not just the top end-so drive ability won't suffer.

Engineered as a direct replacement, the Super Max Turbo kit comes with everything you need for a complete installation, including a new cast-iron pedestal adapter, exhaust down pipe, oil drain tube, hoses and gaskets. It's backed by a one-year warranty, and it's rebuildable so you can enjoy the benefits of big power for years to come.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the truck has 102000 so they tell me its out of warranty. 200.00 for a used one would be great anyone have one??

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Check e-bay or contact Eric Merchant on gmdieseltech.com. His phone number is on his site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts