Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Regarding your original questions. If you subscribe to Diesel Power they did two articles one on intakes the other on exhausts. They tested all the big name intakes out there. The simple truth is don't believe the advertising numbers. If you are eventually going to BIG POWER, go with and intake and filter. If you are looking for better air flow, just drop in an AFE or whatever brand you like.

As far as the exhaust, again go turbo back for BIG POWER. However when Diesel Power did their test, the difference in HP between cat back and turbo back was only 7 hp.

As far as the tuner is concerned, you gotta ask yourself what do you want it to do. Do you want to be able to shift HP levels on the fly? The the banks six gun PDA or Edge attitude with Juice is the way to go. I personally like being able to switch HP levels on the go. I had both the programmer and the tuner.

Good Luck, you'll love your truck. Mine is just over 3 months old and the odometer just turned 11,000.

· Registered
74 Posts
Well your dodge and the chevy are two different animals. I had the magnaflow 4 inch cat back installed. What I like about it is its basically close to the factory sound. I like that fact its not loud. I just pulled a 11K trailer 2400 miles and it was very quiet. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.