Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Diesel Addict
8,026 Posts
i ran the bully triple dog on my 3/4 ton and i loved the extra power it handled nice tranny shifted real good but didn't increase my fuel economy so i switched to the ppe on the same truck with the same power but gained almost 4 mpg,you guessed it i was happy..my best yet is 23.6 all highway...i found out if you run some extra power on the duramax it really helps to put a shift kit in the tranny,i'm running the bully dog shift kit it works great...just my experience

· Diesel Addict
8,026 Posts
From what I have been reading up on and seeing the cold-air intake and exhaust helps your vehicle breath better, without cold-air intake, especially with the turbo you are getting cooler air into your manifold, instead of having the air that has been recirculating throughout your engine compartment. And as far as exhaust I have been told turbo back, due to wanting to have the same size piping all the way throughout... hope this helps a little...

Now I have a question also, does anyone have any reputable experience with exhaust companies and which one do you recommend? I know Silverline is good, but it sounds better on a ford than a Chevy.
i hate to disagree with you on the silverline but i'm running a dual silverline setup on the dually and it screams..ps ask trailerpropop how it sounds..if you want the loudest then go with a 5" turbo back,i love my 5"magnaflow

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.