Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last 5 months my mpg’s have dropped. I’ve lost about 2.5 mpg.
Recently did new thermostats, fuel filters, air filter, pitman, idler, alignment and they haven’t came back any. Last I checked codes I didn’t have any. What else should I check?

·
Registered
6,798 Posts
Are you running fuel additives?

Have you changed fuel sources?

Do you get fuel from a discounter?

Changed tires? Lift or level change?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been leveled with roughly the same size tires, run opti summer and the same gas station the whole time. I thought the new thermostats would help now that I’m running at temp.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Been leveled with roughly the same size tires, run opti summer and the same gas station the whole time. I thought the new thermostats would help now that I’m running at temp.
I see your in Idaho, are you guys running winter diesel already? MPG tends to drop on winter diesel since it has a lower energy density than summer diesel, thus you must burn more for the same power. May not explain the 5 month trend but it might explain any recent drops. Otherwise there are so many factors that impact mileage it would be nearly impossible to cover them all.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Checked my balance rates, all were within 1% -1 to 1. Ran opti lube injector cleaner through also. Cleaned the maf. My last tank came out at 14.4 mpg running on flat ground with no load.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.