Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys looking to see if someone wants to swap parts? I have a line on a brand new 7.5” RC lift new still in the boxes but I don’t want to go that high I want the 5” RC lift so if anyone has a 5” RC lift and wants to go higher I would trade you the knuckles and rear blocks. I called rough country and that is the only 2 different things between the kits. Let me know sorry this is for a 2011 to 2019

·
Registered
916 Posts
If the 7.5 is new why not ask rough country if they would be willing to swap parts out even if its for a fee. Seems that would be hella easier than trying to find someone with the 5" lift to swap around.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the 7.5 is new why not ask rough country if they would be willing to swap parts out even if its for a fee. Seems that would be hella easier than trying to find someone with the 5" lift to swap around.
Will give it a try and see what they say I guess

·
Registered
259 Posts
Could you not lower the 7.5" all the way down to 5" or at least 6"?

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could you not lower the 7.5" all the way down to 5" or at least 6"?
No looked into this not possible with out doing some mods to the brackets

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like I can buy the rear blocks and the NTD front brackets separately from RC for 330 bucks.

·
Registered
916 Posts
That ain't bad. Plus if you ever wanted to go back higher you'd already have the parts.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well boys I ordered my 5” rough country lift kit today got a hell of a deal on a new lift so just went this route. I will also be getting Bilstein shocks with it too. Can’t wait

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is the exact set up I had on mine. 5” Rough Country and Bilsteins. Don’t forget to get the Bilstein steering stabilizer and brackets if you don’t have them. It makes a huge difference in the way it rides.
Hey frogman which steering stabilizer kit you go with? I have been reading that these kits are not a direct bolt on need to do some modifying as GM doesn’t have the mounting holes on our trucks anymore??? Let me know I sure would like a direct bolt on kit

·
Registered
366 Posts
Mine was a ‘15 so I had the brackets for a steering stabilizer already on it. I know that a few people on here welded the brackets in, but I’m not sure where they got them from. I figured that there was a kit available, but honestly,I’m not sure.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ok I will have to look at this see what I can find out.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Pretty sure Rough Country has one that will fit. I would call them.

Reactions: Muzbomb

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Found this looks pretty slick and easy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts