Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i am looking to buy a 2003 2500hd 4x4 crew with 200,000 miles. i am woundering what issues occur around that amount of miles, and what i can expect to be fixing. i know the engine should last many more miles if properly maintaned, but what i am looking at is things such as water pump, fuel pump, stater, alt, etc. also what can i expect out of the original tranny. thanks

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
When were the injectors replaced last?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Main thing is injectors.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
Electronic or manual 4x4?

Anything with age might start having little electrical issues to trace down. Door switches, windows motors, 4x4 switch (these are easy to replace and cheap, but tend to replace), etc..

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
main thing is injectors the rest would be fix as you go....little dime you to death things...but if its been a pretty problem free truck from the beginning then you will be fine

·
Registered
34 Posts
i hear that the injectors are a problem in 03-04

i have an 05 lly with 205k miles i just picked up about a month and half or two months ago and she is doing awesome, already has new rims, tires, ect ect ect ect lol

·
Registered
789 Posts
Electronic or manual 4x4?

Anything with age might start having little electrical issues to trace down. Door switches, windows motors, 4x4 switch (these are easy to replace and cheap, but tend to replace), etc..
you ever have issues with the door switches? I just deal with it but it would be nice to fix it. Almost like a ground wire is pinched or loose connection or something on my truck. Cuz the door buttons work when they want

·
Registered
795 Posts
check for blow by, watch the exhaust on cold startup. make sure theres no slipping between gear changes. maintenance records are always great. make sure 4x4 engages good no clunks or anything while turning. etc just make a checklist for when you go to look at the truck.

·
Registered
536 Posts
only thing to worry really is injectors other than that my 01 2wd with 368,000 on it is running just fine i bought it with 364,000 on it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright sound good. thanks everyone for the help. the truck is push button 4x4, and by the way it sounds its gonna be just small things to expect, and need to check the tranny. anyone priced a tranny on a 2003?

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
alright sound good. thanks everyone for the help. the truck is push button 4x4, and by the way it sounds its gonna be just small things to expect, and need to check the tranny. anyone priced a tranny on a 2003?
Depends how much HP you want to put to it, where you live, and who builds it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts