Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting tired of the white smoke. Looking to do the job myself, i am fairly mechanically inclined but never worked on diesels much. I need any write ups i can that will help me do the job and pictures would help. haha. also what to i need to do the job besides injectors? any other parts, tools, and so on. And any other help would be great. also where would a good place to get the injectors be. Thanks for any help

·
Vendor
2,279 Posts
Well here is a link that will answer all your questions....(I think)

LB7 Injector Install Instructions

You don't need any special tools besides an assortment of allen wrenches.

Parts you need are the,
Injectors,
Injector o-rings and copper seat,
Fuel return line (Banjo bolt) seals,
RTV "Ultra Grey" valve cover sealant, - (By Permatex)

Optional parts (Not needed most of the time)
Lower valve cover (rubber) gaskets,
Injector cup o-rings, and lock-tight,
Fuel return lines,
Fuel high pressure feed lines,
Misc. bolts........ as needed depending on how many you strip out in the process.

We sell the parts needed at a pretty good price IMO....

It is not a hard job, just plan on it taking around 15 hours or so.

Good Luck! - Titus

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Buy the removal tool, it makes getting them out super easy so you don't pull the cups out. Not the hardest job in the world just takes time. Fair amount of stuff in the way. Also, make sure you clean the valve covers of the old gasket sealer. Takes about 5-7 hours per side going SLOW.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
just check out the prices duratitus has.....just put a set in a truck from him

·
Registered
573 Posts
thats a good price i got my set from the dmaxstore.com but i dont recall what i payed now. its not a bad job to do just take your time and plane on a full weekend to get it done there is a lot of stuff in the way. you may need a set of fuel line disconet tools to (i did any way) i got a set of the plastic ones for craftsmen that work good the set i got from that parts store didnt fit right.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I got my injector kit from the Dmaxstore and installed them over Memorial Day weekend. The Air Dog lift pump is supposed to make the new (reman) injectors last longer. The Kent Moore injector tool works great and you will need the long reach fuel line removal tools. Like 01 T/A said take your time and plan for a full weekend to change them out. I did mine in about 18 hours, if you have a helper to clean the old RTV from the upper valve covers will cut your time down. So far my Dmax runs perfect since I changed the injectors about 4K miles ago.
Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts