Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i have a couple questions on things I havent seen in any forums it will not really be a daily driver anymore just a personal toy for weekends
1. a s300 will make keep the rods a little happier over compounds right?
2. How reliable are the trans at this level I plan on doing TC and adding a pressure controller will this suffice?
3. what are the options for 200 hp tunes in this day and age in US?
Thanks everyone

·
Registered
783 Posts
1. A single is "easier" on the bottom end than a compound kit. I have a S366 SXE kit on my truck right now and am sittin at the 600-650 mark. No complaints at all at that power level. Spools quick and still has some top end power. However i am thinking about going bigger so if youre interested i can sell you my kit.
2. If you plan on being at 6-650 prepare for building the trans. Trans tuning/ dummy plug won't do anything in the long run. More of a band aid solution.
3. Finding a tuner in the US is very difficult. There are a few company's outside the US that are still doing tunes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would actually be interested are you gonna sell the piping kit as well? and i am gonna build it i just want to get to daytona and back on it this year and yeah thats what ive heard i think im gonna try to get mine through canada is there any other way i can get in contact with you besides the forum insta snap text ect so we can talk?

·
Registered
9,978 Posts
Id throw a s467.7/87/90 on it, 60 overs, and a 10mm cp3. That fuel gives you room to grow, helps keep the pulse width and cylinder pressure down, and the s400 spooling in the higher rpms will help keep the rods straight. BUT its all in the tuning. My personal lml had a s475/87/1.0, 45 overs, and a 10mm. Drove great with tuning from an ole rancher;) and made big power. Could easily daily drive it and im in the mountains. Transmission tuning to raise shift points, converter lock up speed, and downshift speed are key points.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts