Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another truck has stolen my heart (dont worry its a duramax) and very interested in selling. Asking 41000. It has the following "goodies":
-S+B CAI
-DSP5 Switch w/ EFI live tuning by diesel addiction of wilmington
-5" MBRP Exhaust w/ tip
-Line-X bed, front bumper and grille.
-Blacked bow ties, rear tail lights and back cab light.
- Top trim aka leather, back up sensors, rear window, sun roof etc.

Like I said 41,000. The truck has never been rough housed and is a tank. I hate to get rid of it. Willing to deal but dont low-ball me. Would be preferable if buyers were near Jacksonville, NC area. I will provide pictures, if interested PM me. Thank You.

PS: it has 38000 as of today. NOT a daily driver, just a weekend cruiser and family transporter. Non smoker, super clean, and garage kept ALWAYS. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
+updated mileage.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I have a friend that is looking for a truck exactly like this, but your price seems out of line at $44,500. Or is there something I'm missing? With all options, this is what KBB says for private party value.

Excellent $39,510
Good $38,110
Fair $35,960

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
put some pics up, lets take a look at her!!! Bump for a fellow NC'er

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well, when you type in Kbb you have to make sure you enter the right details plus prices differ by zip. For example just adding the "premium sound" option(which the truck also has) will raise that price almost 1g. Quickly followed by towing package, dvd system, sun roof, navigation, leather... you get the point. This truck is literally fully loaded. I used kbb just to see a rough estimate between 1) Private party value, 2) trade in value, 3) what dealerships are charging for pre owned. All in all the truck stock would come out to between 41-43k. Add my aftermarket parts, and i believe Im asking a fair price. But like I said Im completely open to negotiations, test drives, the works. I also have the original exhaust, dpf, cat etc. Ill post pictures soon.

PS: Just did a kbb for "what should I pay for a used car (private seller)", and the grand total was 41,895 as of today. Taking that into consideration, add approx 2k for aftermarket (have all receipts of work and parts) and voila.

·
Registered
62 Posts
good luck

·
Diesel Junky
1,107 Posts
no offense but aftermarket parts do not add to the value of the vehicle, coupled with you voided the warranty i don't think anything over 40 is fair.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Fact: Adding aftermarket products to a vehicle does not add the MSRP of said aftermarket parts to the vehicle? Does it increase it some? To most yes... but how much depends on the seller and buyer

Fact: Kelly Blue Book/Nada/black book are to be used as GUIDELINES... they aren't black and white. Just because it says a vehicle is value does not mean it is what the vehicle is WORTH

Fact: A vehicle is worth whatever the seller feels it is. Now whether or not it will sell is another matter. But it is the seller's vehicle, not some random person on the internet who thinks he/she's a know it all.

Quit sharting up the seller's thread.... he said he is open to offers. If you aren't interested in buying his truck, maybe you should just leave his thread alone

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^Thank you for making it sound nicer than I was going to^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No offense but Im not worried about the "worth" of the vehicle. Im not trading it into a dealership, but selling as a private seller. Therefore I do not answer to the same formulas that determine how many people will it appeal to or how fast I can sell a vehicle and make money off of it.The warranty was NOT voided because nothing except EFI, CAI, and straight exhaust was put on the truck. Which does not void anything but the warranty on the original parts that were taken off. That being said the parts are on the vehicle and Im selling the vehicle with those parts. Therefore MY price reflects that, along with the fact that the original "parts" are to be provided as well. Go to a dealership and see how much youll pay for a 2008 LTZ Z71 fully loaded with the mileage I have STILL under warranty. If you want EFI live, and turbo back exhaust, and all those goodies, add that on to that price as well. You will quickly discover either that 1) Well over what Im asking for my truck and 2) you cant find one for sale period (at least in my "neck of the woods").

·
Diesel Junky
1,107 Posts
Fact: Adding aftermarket products to a vehicle does not add the MSRP of said aftermarket parts to the vehicle? Does it increase it some? To most yes... but how much depends on the seller and buyer

Fact: Kelly Blue Book/Nada/black book are to be used as GUIDELINES... they aren't black and white. Just because it says a vehicle is value does not mean it is what the vehicle is WORTH

Fact: A vehicle is worth whatever the seller feels it is. Now whether or not it will sell is another matter. But it is the seller's vehicle, not some random person on the internet who thinks he/she's a know it all.

Quit sharting up the seller's thread.... he said he is open to offers. If you aren't interested in buying his truck, maybe you should just leave his thread alone
Ok first off im not gumming up his thread, i am simply stating my opinion..beauty of living in this great country... and the "Fact: A vehicle is worth whatever the seller feels it is." doesn't mean everyone else thinks it is. if the op has a problem stating my opinion he can address me.flippa

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Ok first off im not gumming up his thread,I actually wasn't speaking about you in particular, but almost everyone, but if you must know you are criticizing a seller about his item, when you are in no way interested in the item... yeah.. you are whoring his thread i am simply stating my opinion..beauty of living in this great country...That's great.... maybe you should make a thread in the lounge and title it "Did anyone see that guy in the classifieds section?" Instead of filling his thread with meaningless drivel and the "Fact: A vehicle is worth whatever the seller feels it is." doesn't mean everyone else thinks it is. and if you would continue to read, as opposed to just skimming through, reading what you want, I said whether or not it will sell or not is a different story.... if you don't understand that, that means no one will agree it is worth that much... there might be someone out there (other than the seller) who feels the truck is worth that amount, if not more so.... so unless you know the thoughts of every single person in this world... yeahif the op has a problem stating my opinion he can address me.flippahe just did
Last post and I'm out this thread.... tried to save the thread from childish crap for the seller's sake. again GLWS and here's a cheap bump for you.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If your not interested in purchasing this vehicle, if you dont want to physically see and test drive this vehicle and then barter for a price, if your :cookoo[1]: then please dont comment. The starting asking price still remains the same but very negotiable. Take it for what its worth brothers.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Just a thought for you, not questioning your price, again that is whatever you want it to be. But most banks (people will likely need a loan-not too many folks with $50k floating around) use NADA to determine value. And they don't lend any extra for aftermarket stuff in loans. Last loan officer I spoke to said generally they will approve up to 100% of clean retail NADA value but prefer to be around 80% to get the loan approved easier.

The value is close to what you're asking. EDIT*** The link was just showing a base price for some reason, so I just linked to NADA, people can fill it out and see
http://www.nadaguides.com/

Another free bump for you!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the bump^ NADA priced for clean retail on the truck is 42,425. I said, willing to negotiate. Even if the bank only approves 40k for the truck (about 80%) the buyer could easily pay a couple grand out of pocket. Its not like Im asking 10k over what the truck is "priced" to be worth and saying firm.

·
Diesel Junky
1,107 Posts
first off dahnr take a chill pill dude, to the op best of luck getting what your asking... i hope you do. i was not trying to whore up your thread or be a :cookoo[1]:. i was just stating what was my opinion, since it is not liked i will withdraw from this thread. here is another bump for the day

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
No pics???? I think you'd get more interest if you posted some?

·
Registered
263 Posts
i always use nada thats pretty much what most banks use, and all insurance compnays will pay if something happened

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Have errands to do for today, then Ill clean and detail what I can and then the photos will be on.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just keep it....

1 - 20 of 50 Posts