Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see on here some people have started build threads and I wanted to get some advice on what direction to go in next. My truck is a 2010 GMC slt dmax with the following mods: 6" Pro Comp bracket lift w/ fox 2.0 shocks, 22" ultras 35" toyo m/ts, 5" MBRP tb, MBRP DP, EGR blocker plate, transgo jr, EFIlive w/ tunes from IdahoRob, edge CTS insight with pyro.

I'm looking for some more mods and power out of the truck, I recently traded my Zo6 for a 11 chevy 6.2. I did a k&n CAI, spintech exhaust and black bear tune, now my Dmax doesnt feel strong anymore and I'm looking to fix that issues. I just purchased a set of 22x10 american force independent ss wheels to change the look some now I want to look a performance.

I know I'm limited in what I can do until I get a built trans but I want to get all my other parts before I drop the coin on the trans. I was looking a turbo upgrades just not sure which one would best support my needs. I'm also looking at intakes any other suggestions would be great. As always thank you for your help.

Heres the truck now.. looks like 2-5 weeks for my new wheels to arrive

·
Registered
30 Posts
S&B Intake or AFE stage 2 and a lift pump would be beneficial

·
Registered
619 Posts
^2

You're not really going to gain anything by going to a bigger turbo. You're going to need to build your trans if you want more power..

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea I know I'm going to need a trans before I really crank up the power, looking to get all the other mods I can before the trans. I've been looking at the AFE stage 2 intake and the airdog II 165 not sure what other mods to get until the trans. I was looking at the PPE fuel rail kit and garret stage II turbo

·
Registered
619 Posts
JMO and I know it's your money, but why upgrade a turbo that's perfectly fine? How do you know that once you build your trans and are running 500+hp tunes that that won't be good?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is too I also looked at the batmo wheel really looking to get more whistle out of the turbo and less lag

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
delete the EGR and get a lift pump for sure. What kind of hp are your tunes set to?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Lift pump trans race plug and port fuel rail fitting. I'd hold off on a new turbo your stock one will smoke your tranny. I'd definitely recommend a trans go jr also. I think you'd be happy with built tranny tunes pretty sure you could smoke the 6.2 with those mods.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the EGR blocker plate installed now, I'm running robs tune eco, tow heavy, tow light, 120 performance, 150 max effort stock trans.

·
Registered
991 Posts
IMO id look at deleting your egr, the correct way! :rofl then defanatly some sort of lift pump, ppe fuel rail fitting. Transgo FOR SURE. And if thats not enough, bills intake, or a s&b. turbo isnt neccessary till wayyy after ur trans. The batmowheel is a very good idea. spoll time increases and u can really hear it. And uh, ur truck is look :neener

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^ thank you sir, I have the transgo and I'm definitely looking at the batmo and lift pump

·
Registered
673 Posts
Do youself a favor and just do the trans now and then you can work on supporiting mods like fuel and turbo after. Downpipe should be added to your list as well.

I loved Rob's 160 tune, my ally didn't.
Flatbed - Oops.jpg

Here is my ally... next upgrades for me will be batmo, maybe mild injectors now that I have the foundation to put it to the ground.
DSC_0049.jpg

But as you know it never ends.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^ thats what I was figuring, like anything else the strong you build it the more it cost. My level 5 trans for my Zo6 cost me 5500 and that was to hold 800 wrhp. My american force wheels showed up today and that was part of my trans fund

1 - 15 of 15 Posts