Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look what i found while i was changing my oil. This is area is where the transfer case connects to the tranny on the left side of the truck. Im glad i seen the crack. What is this part called and what does it do?

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whats it do? I wonder how long its been like this cuz i haven't had any lights come on or anything lol.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Whats it do? I wonder how long its been like this cuz i haven't had any lights come on or anything lol.
It tells your truck what gear its in like Reverse, Neutral, Drive, 1st..etc. its just a little plastic box so its easy to crack and get water in.. but its easy to replace and doesnt cost too much money if you get it from the right person.

·
Registered
37 Posts
ITS NOT THE NSBU THATS YOUR TRANSFERCASE SHIFT MOTOR!!!! HONDARIDER552 AND NAILT YOU BOYS NEED TO SPEND A LITTLE MORE TIME UNDER YOUR TRUCKS!!!! you can see the shift cable go right past it in the pic and its at the back of the front drive shaft!! probably wont hurt anything so dont go buy one they are alot of $$$$

·
Registered
291 Posts
HAHA yeah i was saying the same thing, thats the transfer case shift motor guys. nsbu is on the trans, and the shift shaft goes though it!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What does the shift motor do? Im starting to wonder if thats why i get a wobble in the front end every time i get up to 55. Its almost like it kinda stuck in 4 wheel sometimes lol. It goes away and it will stop if you touch the brakes. I still have my extended warranty so i was gonna bring the truck in next week.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
wowwwwww....

·
Registered
37 Posts
it shifts the tcase from 2wd to 4hi and 4low and a neutral position.. the woble from your front end is prob idler arm and braket and a pitman arm they are bad on just about every chevy i see in my shop..

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Ktoom's sig. says 2006...NSBU is inside the trans on 2006 and later...right??

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The 4 wheel drive light never comes on when i put the truck in 4 wheel.... i have the push button type. Maybe this has something to do with it possibly?

·
Registered
37 Posts
The 4 wheel drive light never comes on when i put the truck in 4 wheel.... i have the push button type. Maybe this has something to do with it possibly?
that might be or it could also be the 4x4 switch..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts