Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck (LML) started doing a regen yesterday afternoon so I drove it for roughly 20min on the hwy at 70mph then drove home it home which took roughly another 15min at 45-50mph and now this morning I drove to the car wash which took another 10-15min at 40mph and it's STILL doing a regen (ideling at 8-900rpm and compass is whacked). I drive roughly 2hrs a day and 1hr if that is at 70mph so I don't get why it would be taking this long and sucking all my precious fuel.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Do you have an edge insight where you can see what the soot mass is doing? If not, get it back to the dealership.

·
jokerfabworx.com
3,662 Posts
My truck (LML) started doing a regen yesterday afternoon so I drove it for roughly 20min on the hwy at 70mph then drove home it home which took roughly another 15min at 45-50mph and now this morning I drove to the car wash which took another 10-15min at 40mph and it's STILL doing a regen (ideling at 8-900rpm and compass is whacked). I drive roughly 2hrs a day and 1hr if that is at 70mph so I don't get why it would be taking this long and sucking all my precious fuel.
It is possible that the regen failed for some reason, demanding another regen on startup.

Go for a 45 to 60 minute drive and see what happens. If it's still in regen mode, listen to Cayenne. He is very knowledgeable when it comes to NoX sensors and the like.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No edge insight, yet. I'll take it for a drive tomorrow and hopefully it stops, my last regen seemed a bit long too but I've only had the truck for 3 weeks now so everything is new to me but I can tell you that I already hate this regen bs.

·
jokerfabworx.com
3,662 Posts
No edge insight, yet. I'll take it for a drive tomorrow and hopefully it stops, my last regen seemed a bit long too but I've only had the truck for 3 weeks now so everything is new to me but I can tell you that I already hate this regen bs.
Do you guys have Air Care over there?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have a visual check and spot checks if they see smoke on the roads. Ill be deleting the emissions stuff once my warranty is up.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My '13 is going through its first regen and seems like it is taking FOREVER! Just got back from a 45 minute drive and was still doing it. Man it kills the mileage! This is my first diesel, is there suppose to be a light on in the dash telling you it's in regen mode?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Finally finished! Thanks for the info guys, just seemed like it would never end.

Yamahahauler, it's suppost to be unnoticeable so there's no light, just crappy fuel mielage, high idle, and a screwed up compass.

·
jokerfabworx.com
3,662 Posts
Finally finished! Thanks for the info guys, just seemed like it would never end.

Yamahahauler, it's suppost to be unnoticeable so there's no light, just crappy fuel mielage, high idle, and a screwed up compass.
Glad to hear it. There are lots of knowledgeable members here, willing to help.

What are you using the truck for?

Joker

·
Registered
770 Posts

I think there's now a "fix" for the compass interference. I keep forgetting to ask about it when I'm at the dealer.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glad to hear it. There are lots of knowledgeable members here, willing to help.

What are you using the truck for?

Joker
Right now just using it as my daily driver, come summer it will be towing my race bikes and equipment to the race track. Definatly not pushing it but it was time to get a new truck and a gasser wouldn't have met my future needs.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I do a lot of stop and go short commutes and I have also experienced the "problem" regens. I know from simple experience when I have to go for a highway drive to get it done. Wastes my time, fuel, wear and tear on the truck, and ironically the added carbon footprint. I can't wait to delete all that garbage. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts