Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help guys. I have been having a steering issue since last hunting season. Steering feels loose and I can hear a clunk every once in a while. Idler/pitman arms replaced. Tie rods, ball joints, and wheel bearing all checked and good. Nothing loose in suspension. Pulling my hair out. So I go to jump in the truck tonight, grab the steering wheel to pull my big ass in, and i feel the steering wheel move. It moved toward me. So i grabbed the steering wheel and tried it again. It is loose and moves side to side and up and down on the steering column. What the hell?! Are there bolts that need to be tightened? Definitely need a little advice. Thanks.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
check your intermediate steering shaft...bet it might need it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I forgot to add that the intermediate steering shaft has been changed and checked again, and is good. Lower steering column bearing is good also.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm taking it to the dealer in the morning to get it looked at. Was hoping to have a few ideas before I get there. (bump)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took it to the dealer today. Service manager said it felt normal to him. Has anyone here ever felt like the steering wheel was loose on the steering column? Are there bearings inside the column that can go bad?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
........bump..........

·
Registered
123 Posts
I know this is an old thread but my 2011 LML 3500 ext cab just started doing this what was the repair on yours

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
need an oh shit handle on drivers side pillar guys.. LOL j/k

1 - 8 of 8 Posts