Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help needed: i recently purchased a 2003 hd duramax and it started smokeing from the blow by tube a week ago. I was told this was not really abnormal so i didnt think to much about it. A couple of days ago it stared puffing white smoke when first started and would quit after a few miles. Yesterday when i was pulling into work the low enginge coolant sign flashed so i pulled into teh parking sppot a shut it down. When i left it would not start up. I check the oil and noticed it was a little creamy. It did not leak any coolant on the ground. Could this be a head gasket problem or possibly the oiler cooler like a have read on a few other post. All information will be appreciated. Thanks gr84u2love

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
My guess would be head gaskets. BTW, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sounds like to me could possibly be a cracked head or head gasket but i have not studied up on my oil coolers on the Duramax. If you are getting the white smoke that you are talking about it probably is water in the getting into the combustion chamber. Sometimes a blown head gasket will give you lots of fluctuation in temperature if you watch your water temp gauge while driving. That is one thing you can look for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts