Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now before the meme bashing guys grab a beer and popcorn and come in flocks. I just want to say that I dont want a lope tune and i know they cant possibly be good for the motor. My question is what makes the motor do that? Shut something off, restrict something??? What is it?

·
I'm That Guy...
16,743 Posts
Are you asking what causes a motor to lope without a tune? What you change to make a lope tune? What causes a gas engine to lope?

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
Are you asking what causes a motor to lope without a tune? What you change to make a lope tune? What causes a gas engine to lope?
I think he's askin what ya do in the tune to make the engine lope

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
There's a really informative thread about it, I think I was answered by kory "bulessmax" but not 100% try lookin through the efi live threads... I can't find it

·
I'm That Guy...
16,743 Posts
Throttle based injection....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So basically just dumps a $hit load of fuel at idle. I thought a smoke tune dumped a bunch of fuel in.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm no expert but I thought part of it was turning off the pilot injection?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
My understanding was it surges the fuel pressure at idle. But i dont know for sure. I guess a search would be helpful huh

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I thought it was from injecting fuel in the wrong cylinders at the wrong time.....???

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
It's lopes because you're injecting fuel when its not supposed to be injected.

Throttle based injection....
I no haz that table.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts