Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 with 190k miles and new injectors. It was leaking fuel out of the water sensor so i replaced that and thought i fixed the problem. Its still losing prime over night though, once you get it primed it will start up and run great all day long, let it sit overnight and same thing again. I found a very small leak on top of the fuel filter housing where some kind of wire plugs into it, would this small leak be enough to make it lose prime overnight? if not where else should i look?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

its the part where the red wire goes into the filter head, that connection like came off. So when i pump it up i get some air bubbles/fuel coming out of that spot. Will this cause my problem or should i look elsewhere?

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
That connection is the fuel heater connection-- it is sealed by a small o-ring-- but you have to take the housing off and remove the heater to replace the seal. Might as well purchase the re-seal kit from a vendor, and replace all the seals.

YES, it will cause the problem you describe. Any small leak will allow air in the system and affect the starting.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alrighty will do....I saw they have them on dmax store so ill prob just order that. I have to take the heater off also? On a side note anyone ever called the stealership about this filter head $615 bucks :eek:

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
The dealer ones are made of "Gold".. The vendors have new ones -[$100-?]

Reactions: Coullier1

·
Registered
119 Posts
Alrighty will do....I saw they have them on dmax store so ill prob just order that. I have to take the heater off also? On a side note anyone ever called the stealership about this filter head $615 bucks :eek:
Yes, that was the same price I was quoted at the local stealer. I bought one from the Duramax Store for $99 that came with a new filter and WIF sensor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
got a kit only cost 20.00

het I got a kit to rebuild mine online for only 19.95 plus shipping and did it myself it only took about 1 and 1/2 hours to do it and now it stays primed just fine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've got the same issue right now with my 03. Just ordered the seal kit and a new bleed screw. Thanks for your posts guys.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Subbed

After you receive your rebuild kit and it works for you, how about a link to the supplier?

Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Did you end up purchasing the new filter head and did it solve your problems?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts