Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i was driving down to the girlfriends house tonight and all of a sudden i had no power and was acting like a dog. so i used my tripledog to read the dtc codes and got thease codes po238, po678, p1621, p1626 not shure what these codes are and was hopeing you guys could help...........could it be the tripple dog mesing things up?

sorry my sig is not coming up i have an 05 2500 with a trippledog with outlook

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
P0238 will be the one messing it up. says boost sensor circut high dont no faulty sensor or maybe an overboost although that usually throws P0234

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i reset the codes and retuned the truck to stock before coming home i read them when i pulled it in the shop and now it shows p0238, p0670, po678. po670 is glow plug controler, correct me if im wrong but i have read some where that if thats bad i will make it do weird stuff

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I dont no the if the glow controllercan do that or not. i still am inclined to think it is the p0238 that it the problem but maybe somebody knows more about it than i do

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i looked at it little this morning, i unhooked the batterys for about an hour and then hooked them back up and reset the codes and it still does it and only throws the p0268 code now so your right georgia. but i still need to figure out whats goin on. i called craigville this morning and they seemed to think its the accuator on the turbo. at an idle you can hear the turbo wistle like normal but then when you accelerate it sounds like an lb7 cause you dont hear the turbo so it seems to me its not changeing the fins like it should

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Yeah that makes me wonder if the solonoid for the turbo vanes is working. If it sound llike that the vane controller would be my guess

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
the only thing tho i dont no if a bad boost sensor would cause it to hold the vanes open

·
Registered
1 Posts
What do I need to do to fix my duramax from throwing a P0238 code and fix a mass of power loss. Anyone ever have this problem?

2004 Chevy Silverado Duramax 2500 equipt with Edge Juice w/ attitude

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey guys I had a similar problem in my friends 07 2500HD today we were towing a small enclosed trailer, and the truck has 35" tires on it. we got on the freeway and went wide open up the ramp, and then the engine light came on and it started smoking a lot and would not go more than about 40mph. we had the truck off for a few hours and then restarted it and shut it off probably 5 or 6 times with no change. we drove home and it slowly got better and better, but it still does not run very well cant go over 50mph and it takes about 1 min to reach that speed. I read the code and it was P0299. lack of boost. anyone experience this?

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
hey guys I had a similar problem in my friends 07 2500HD today we were towing a small enclosed trailer, and the truck has 35" tires on it. we got on the freeway and went wide open up the ramp, and then the engine light came on and it started smoking a lot and would not go more than about 40mph. we had the truck off for a few hours and then restarted it and shut it off probably 5 or 6 times with no change. we drove home and it slowly got better and better, but it still does not run very well cant go over 50mph and it takes about 1 min to reach that speed. I read the code and it was P0299. lack of boost. anyone experience this?
Check the turbo boots-- might have one off or have a hole -- the lower one on the driver's side may be the problem. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok I will check that when I get home from work tonight but, he said he also had some warranty work done recently dealing with the EGR valve can this have any effect on boost, and if there was an issue would the EGR usually generate a code?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts