Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving along and started loosing power. Pulled over and let it idle then took off again. Had 3/4 of a tank of fuel. Outside temp was -6. All stock motor. Think maybe the fuel started to gel? Or? Ideas please I'm on an emergency trip to north Dakota for a funeral.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No engine codes either.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Put your winter front on if you don't have it on already. It helps prevent gelling keeps the filter warm.

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
Well for starters you can try running by any autoparts store and get Diesel Kleen in the white bottle and changing your fuel filter. I run it in every tank when it gets cold around here (which is nothing like cold there) and i havent had a problem with gelling. Hope this helps!

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
and just in case i keep an extra filter in my toolbox :thumb

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Boost leak?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I did have the winter cover on. I put some diesel kleen in when I filled it up at the last stop. I'm still thinking the fuel started to gel. Because I drove it a nether 250 miles after that with no problems. I also stopped about 65 miles after it's little hiccup and got some of the diesel kleen in the red bottle to see if that would also help. Real test will be in the morning now. It's now -13 here. I got an extra filter with me thank goodness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts