Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I run Amsoil and changed my oil 9500 miles ago. I checked my oil today and was down almost a quart. Is this normal? I have 33,000 miles and no mods, all stock. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
1qt in 9500 miles is not bad at all:drink

Well that is what I loose with Dyno oil 1-2qts in 10k:D

·
Registered
186 Posts
better then my buddies 7.3 which uses a gal in 300 miles.. i would look for some oil leaks

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, i'm feeling better:drink

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
If I were you I would go and try to find it!!!!!!!! JK thats alright for 9,500 miles

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
i was told when i switched over to amsoil that i might use oil for the first oil change, i haven't used any yet, but with 9500 miles i wouldn't worry about it, thats like me using a gallon of oil in 15,000 miles in my big truck

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Honda, what ya thinkin? good, bad?

·
Registered
1,609 Posts

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
I could not find it last night, but here it is. This is the TSB Bulletin from GM on excepted oil usage. GM says 1qt of oil for every 100gallons of fuel is acceptable.

http://www.tripsflorida.org/pdfs/service/Oil Consumption notice 6-16-2009.pdf

In your case, say you get 18mpg "just throwing a number out there" then you would have used about 527gallon's of fuel in your 9500miles. Well withing GM's acceptable range:drink

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you

Thanks for the bulletin, very helpful. I appreciate it. :drink

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Im at 8K with my amsoil change. So far I dont think its down any. I'll check it today that probably would be smart haha.

I would hope I could add some cause waiting this long on oil is just killin me. Im going to 10K an thats it I dont care what they say for the oil changes

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
hell u used a quart ever 3-4k, its a diesel, they all burn some oil, its life haha

·
Registered
906 Posts
That seems like a lot of miles to go on one oil change, even for synthetic, I change mine every 5K on the tow truck. Race truck gets changed every 3 miles or so.:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts