Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 duramax with 140000 miles on it. Last week it lost power, more noticable over 40mph. I changed the fuel filter and on change. there is no fuel in the oil and no white or black smoke. I havent had the codes read yet but ANY IDEAS.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Most limp home mode problems (codes) will reset thereselves when you restart the truck, atleast for a short period of time! THis leads me to beleive your problem is something more than a fuel filter type problem! Is the check engine light on?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
When is the last time you changed your allison spin-on filter? It is highly unlikely that it is causing your problem, but stranger things have happened. It could be a lot of things, but just getting the codes read by autozone would be a lot easier to help you out.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Probably defueling for some stupid reason, my truck does the same thing. It doesnt throw any codes, just cuts the power back

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Probably defueling for some stupid reason, my truck does the same thing. It doesnt throw any codes, just cuts the power back

Not all trucks will turn CEL on For a p1093, YOur stock file shows your truck is one of them as it dose not request a CEL for a 1093. and when tuning just shutting the code off will not keep it from happening you have to actualy stop the defueling to keep it from happening!!! You have to modify the 5 limp home engine protection tables to 100+MM3 to keep from happening!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.