Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed out the leaking power steering pump on my truck today, and i'll be damned if I didn't lose a couple of very necessary bolts. What size bolts are the flange heads with 15mm heads that hold the pump bracket plates on? They're 1 inch, galvinized and it looks like 13 tpi, but by the time I realized I had two missing, I already had one bolt holding the 'front' bracket (3 bolts on the left side of the pump, facing the engine) and one put in on the back bracket. That bracket was missing a bolt when took it off, so I actually need 3. Anyway, I've searched the web but I'm not able to find an in depth parts manual or factory manual to find these. Why don't I just take one out and go get some?, you ask? I fought that SOB too hard just to get the high pressure hose back on and back in to pull one and have everything move out of place. I was pretty pissed and tired when I came in at dark, too. So here I am, asking the experts. I have a feeling if I go to the dealer, I'd get either dumb looks or ignored. Anybody got the info I need? Thanks for any ideas. And if anyone knows where I can find some, let me know. Butch

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
Tip;
With the pump out, Thread the fitting on the short high pressure line, but leave loose. Then thread the line thru towards the HB as you lower the pump down in place. Once the pump is anchored, finish tightening the bushing. That curly bend on it is man pride killer for sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts