Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read all my codes on my lbz with my edge and it's telling me my glow plug #6 is acting up again after I replaced it a few weeks ago, and also that I have low system voltage and another code with no information.
I have
P0562-system voltage low
U1041-
P0676-glow plug #6 control module
And when I read these codes the check engine light was off. Now 2 days later it's on and those codes are all the same. Confused. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ditto on the batteries as a first shot. Happened to my buddy; new batteries and they went away.

·
Registered
388 Posts
And a GM glow plug module is like 114 on ebay

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does that mean I need to replace the module?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright so now when I read codes this morning the low voltage code went away without me clearing it or anything but the unknown code and the glow plug #6 control module code are still on. Does that mean the low system voltage is no longer a problem? And the cel came on after I plugged my edge in. Could that have taken off the gm reflashtune for the gpcm?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do have a dead battery. Would that explain the glow plug though?

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
Same scenario....fairly new batts, one failed, drawing down the other. Threw several codes (one being voltage related), cleared and replaced both batts with new.

However, as a result, GP 6 failed. Verified, it was toast with no conductivity. Coincidence? Maybe not. High power consuming item fails from low voltage, possible I guess.

No biggie, easy to access, fairly cheap ($20)....just make sure the engine is hot/warm and give a shot of PB blaster to soak beforehand. Fix the battery issue 1st.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Note-- GP #6 is the one behind the steerring shaft-! Did you replace the correct one-?? You should replace both batteries if they are weak->

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
Nah, you're thinkin' of #4 behind the shaft. 6 is wide open and below the shaft.

Hats off to the guy at NAPA, one Batt failed the load test and he swapped both out. Always buy in pairs, if I hadn't bought both at the same time, probably wouldn't have done it. humpin:

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Close enough-! LOL

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glow plug #6 is not behind the steering shaft it's second from the rear on the drivers side. Soon as I put my new battery in the cel went off but when I retrieved dtcs the gp #6 control module still showed up.

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
The p067X code throws twice and then the engine light appears. So, you'll think it's gone but not.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So does that mean I have to clear it twice?

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
No. It's just misleading. You'll think you've solved an issue, clear the code, then start in the morning and no engine light, then you'll think "success!"

However, the 2nd morning after, there's the engine light again. Downerrr

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Then what does that mean? Have I not fixed it?

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
All of those codes threw because of a failing battery(s).
If you resolved the battery/voltage issue, most of the codes will go away.

Do you still have the dash engine light lit after start up?

If it's a GP still failing, the light would appear on the 2nd morning start, as it needs to throw the code twice before an engine light lit request is fired.

Note; the P0676 code is just a glow plug, NOT the Glow Plug Control Module. <-That would be a P0670 error code.

If you still have the GP issue, it's no big deal, other than looking at the lit engine light all of the time. It's not a critical thing. Get to it when you can. The truck will still start just fine.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I cleared the glow plug code so I'll just have to see if it comes back. The light turned off with the new battery but the p0676 code still showed up when I read them

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Moved to LBZ -- runs now

1 - 20 of 26 Posts