Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
Carefully remove your TCM wiring, inspect for corrosion, bent pins, etc. Reattach wiring at TCM and check the other end at the trans. That's a lot of codes.
What happened to cause this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Carefully remove your TCM wiring, inspect for corrosion, bent pins, etc. Reattach wiring at TCM and check the other end at the trans. That's a lot of codes.
What happened to cause this?
I did that already, my buddy has a cat eye and I’m gonna try to use his tcm and see if it’s gonna fix anything. I really don’t know what caused it lol. It’s a farm truck that’s been parked for 2 years. I tried to bring er back from the dead and it has all of these codes. I talked to some diesel mechanics and they said it might be the tcm, but could be wiring also

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
Make sure your batteries are fully charged, erase the codes, see what comes back. With a 2 year delay, maybe mice, rats feasting on the wiring, who knows what else has happened, it may take some time to work thru the problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Make sure your batteries are fully charged, erase the codes, see what comes back. With a 2 year delay, maybe mice, rats feasting on the wiring, who knows what else has happened, it may take some time to work thru the problems.
Alright so here’s what’s happening now. I started the truck today after cleaning the tcm plug and the trans started working better. Sometimes the torque converter slips pretty bad and it limps again, but when I get it to work it drives and shifts well from 1-4, but it tries to go to 5th gear and doesn’t want to fully shift. I got it to go into 5th but the torque converter wouldn’t lock out. I only have 2 codes now, p0700, and p0763. Could it be a bad solenoid?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.