Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Chevy 2500HD CCSB LBZ
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was giving her a little hell today..... I was making a left hand turn at a light and got on it in the turn. I heard a loud clunk from the rear and a jerk. Any idea what this was? I don't think I broke the tires loose. I have the quad set on 90. There has been no problems since it happened, and she drives fine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would say it was most likely the locker locking, as it doesn't take much to make it do it when gettin on it while cornering

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking, I just wanted some reassurance

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have about 50,000mile, Think it's about time to change them? How hard is it to change differential fluid? what all is involved? Or would it be easier to do it myself?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Oh heck ya! Do it yourself.

Remove the cover to drain the old fluid. Get a can of brake clean and a rag to clean the cover and rear end gears. Clean the gasket off the cover with a screw driver, putty knife etc. Then use some RTV sealant to make a new gasket on the cover. Put cover back on and fill with 2-3 quarts or untill it comes out the fill hole.

Use synthetic fluid. I used mobile one. You also can use posi lube additive but I didnt with the mobile 1.

Very easy job :drink

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Perfect time to get a bigger rear diff cover Mike!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts