Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Yeah I can't wait where do u have your switch at? I think I'm going to hide mine in the ash tray make it seem to be a sleeper until some dumb ford pulls up lol been looking at cold air intakes and exhaust any suggestions?

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
I'd get a 5" Mangaflow if I could do it again. And you dont need an intake really. Stocker is just fine for over 500HP

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i switch mine with my edge insight cts, i would recomend u get this so you can keep an eye on things. I have a s&b intake, they really nice. I have a 5" mbrp straight exhaust, love it. The fitment was really good. i went with the 409 stainless.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd get a 5" Mangaflow if I could do it again. And you dont need an intake really. Stocker is just fine for over 500HP
I heard dimand eye has really bad fitment, how was your experience?
When i put my intake in, i wish i woulda left the plate under the intake in. I drove through some high water too fast and my motor sucked up some water, motor did not like this at all. smoked and ran like hell for a few min.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I am back and forth between slidell and arkansas

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Ok well don't plan on running high horse power all the time well going to try not but I did grow up on the drag strip so it's hard for me not to want to go fast lol ill look into the cts maybe for later on down the road along with exhaust cause that will be next since I just dropped a chunk of change on the efi but well spent from what I hear. What are u getting in mpg while in the economy mode

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok well don't plan on running high horse power all the time well going to try not but I did grow up on the drag strip so it's hard for me not to want to go fast lol ill look into the cts maybe for later on down the road along with exhaust cause that will be next since I just dropped a chunk of change on the efi but well spent from what I hear. What are u getting in mpg while in the economy mode
i love it when people ask about mpg! All the money we dump into these trucks and weir worried about mpg??? I put all this money in my truck to go fast, not to paw paw around. I honestly couldnt tell you about mpg, i always leave my truck ideling alot of times and never had a tank of diesel where i didnt get into the skinny petal.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
I heard dimand eye has really bad fitment, how was your experience?
When i put my intake in, i wish i woulda left the plate under the intake in. I drove through some high water too fast and my motor sucked up some water, motor did not like this at all. smoked and ran like hell for a few min.
Ah.....It was HORRIBLE!!! Only the tail pipe section though. The rest is good. Check out my build thread for some pics, but it was a little to short and was hitting the bracket for the hitch. That was about the only spot I could get it with out touching the shock or brake line. I ended up cutting it and dumping it over the axle, much better anyway. I still want a Mangaflow because they have the 5" front pipe as well.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Gonna depend on your driving. Its REALLY hard not to get into it. But I have seen almost 21 MPGs for an extended time, 280 miles, with cruise on 55-65 all US Highway down to the Keys. That included US1, which is a lot of stop lights and traffic. That was my 120 tune, which I daily drive now. You can see better mileage on the big tunes, if you stay out of it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mine fit like a charm. me and a buddie tackled mine, had the old one out and new one in in about 30 min. my massive 8" tip shakes and hits the hitch bracket when i turn off the truck. I didnt realize how big that tip was when i orered it lol, so i said hell with it and keep it.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Well if I have an economy mode I'm going to use it especially back in forth to work I have the others to play for when I do go out and play and economy for my long trips back home on leave or for when I'm transfering I did this so I can have the choose to haul ass or save gas lol and to tow equipment or my horse trailer

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Gonna depend on your driving. Its REALLY hard not to get into it. But I have seen almost 21 MPGs for an extended time, 280 miles, with cruise on 55-65 all US Highway down to the Keys. That included US1, which is a lot of stop lights and traffic. That was my 120 tune, which I daily drive now. You can see better mileage on the big tunes, if you stay out of it.
That's awesome then can't wait to get mine and play with it I know when I first get it im going to have a heavy foot on her but after a lil while I'm sure ill be getting better mileage can't wait it's like a kid waiting on Xmas lol

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i pulled my neighbors big enclosed trailer on a big tune once, that was funn, still hauled ass lol

1 - 20 of 220 Posts