Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

201 - 219 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cool! I am out on the east side of Toula, Bedico actually.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Can any of you guys recommend a shop to do a PPI (pre purchase inspection) in or near Lafayette?

I'm looking at a truck, but would want it checked over before making a deal.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
You have PPEI and Calvin's out in Sulphur. Not sure if the do them or no but that's who I'd call

·
Registered
50 Posts
You have PPEI and Calvin's out in Sulphur. Not sure if the do them or no but that's who I'd call
Thanks!

I also read about LA Diesel Works (anyone have experience with them??) and they said they would do a tip to tail inspection: https://www.facebook.com/Ballin-On-A-Budget-Motor-Sports-181980081815075/

Not read about Calvin's. The Google Street View makes it look like more of a backyard shop and not as serious a business? https://www.google.com/maps/place/Calvin's+Auto+Repair/@30.2354105,-93.3499501,3a,75y,10.59h,79.26t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sfYW7AP1X0HVq7N928ZTw7A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x6088e457958ae3b7!6m1!1e1

I'll call PPEI tomorrow...not sure if they are strictly mail order or not.

Thanks again for the names....anyone with more, please chime in too!

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Never heard of LA Diesel Works. Calvin's is a true shop with a great reputation. PPEI just opened up a shop last year sometime. Go check their Facebook page out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Never heard of LA Diesel Works. Calvin's is a true shop with a great reputation. PPEI just opened up a shop last year sometime. Go check their Facebook page out.
Thank you!

I ended up passing on the truck in question..it was a 2011 Denali on CL in Caraco for $30k through a small dealer called Miller's Auto Sales. Family seemed really nice, but the truck had (3) accidents according to Autocheck and yet the owner said he only believed CarFax where is showed (2) accidents. Even given that, he wasn't willing to come down on price to a level I felt better represented the value of a truck with (3) accidents. Bummer as it already had EFI Live and Exhaust which I would do to the truck I buy.

The search continues...

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Yep. Good luck with the search!

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Ppei has been around for years, kory is one of the best tuners in the country! They were basically sharing a shop with calvin's but they built them a new shop last year.

·
unknown known most
15,249 Posts
Calvin's, ppei, or I can get you hooked up with korys tunes!! :thumb

·
Registered
29 Posts
anyone in the shreveport / bossier area

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
Maurice, LA (actually Vermilion Parish but with a Maurice address) SW of Lafayette.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have any advice on good 4x4 shops between New Orleans and Lafayette for installation of lift kit (2016 2500HD)? Looking for a reputable place. Appreciate any recommendations

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Does anyone have any advice on good 4x4 shops between New Orleans and Lafayette for installation of lift kit (2016 2500HD)? Looking for a reputable place. Appreciate any recommendations
There is a place down on Chauvin, called big boys toys. He did my leveling kit for a great price and does good work. Other than that, a place called Diamond C in Houma are the only places I know of.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just got to New Orleans with my 2019 Silverado High Country. Any good meet ups or things to do down here?

201 - 219 of 219 Posts