Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there i have a 2003 chevy 2500HD with the centre console, i have like no airflow from any vents (Defrost, front, or floor.) truck has a new blower motor and has a new resistor, blower motor is spinning and is blowing at full speed, door actuators were tested by gm and all checked out okay, i also verified that the recirculation door is moving myself.

They figure it is a plugged evaporator as my truck does not have a cabin air filter, but they need to take it out to verify it, anyways im going to try use a borescope tomorrow to check inside there, but any suggestions on what could cause this issue?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Do you have dogs that travel with you a lot? The early classic trucks didn't have a cabin filter but I remember seeing an article a couple of years ago about adding one, I can't tell you where it's at but you might do a search. Requires cutting a slot in the duct, might be an opportunity to clean out the evap unit at the same time.

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can pull the blower motor and fashion a small shop vac hose to reach in and try to vacuum off the evap coil. I just did this to clean out a rat nest. There were all kinds of leaves and crap covering the evap coil. I was starting to lose airflow on fan setting 1. May have been the cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts