Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new here I've had my duramax 2005 lly for 6 months and last month I did efi live tune ever since I've been having low coolant and pressure build even when it's cold
Pressure remains can someone help pls. I've already replaced thermostats and new radiator cap.

·
Registered
303 Posts
LLYs have become notorious for blowing head gaskets. Overheating (which they are also known for) and running tuners is common to most of the ones that blow head gaskets.

Losing coolant with no obvious leaks and a hard radiator hose after it's cooled down are classic symptoms. Bubbles and black gunk in the reservoir tank may be present. Test kits for exhaust gases in the coolant seldom work on these motors.

When rebuilding, ARP studs instead of the stock torque-to-yield bolts is highly recommended. A search will find lots of info on LLY head gaskets.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.