Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I start my truck in the morning my "Coolant Low" warning comes on. No matter how many times I check my coolant level it doesnt drop a drop below the full line. Some times I think I get a wiff of coolant smell and then neurotically check everything but cant find anything. Any ideas?? :help

Just to add the last owner informed me the dealer changed the head gasket less than 10000 miles ago because it was seeping and I check the oil and there is no milky to it.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm... Well Id say it could still be the head gasket leaking out. But the sensor is in the overflow tank so its probably the sensor. Id tap on it to see if you can make it clear up!

Thanks for the input! One thing I forgot to add was that the warning only comes on intermittently. I was thinking that maybe the sensor but wanted to hear it from someone else. It seems when it rains it pours haha. I just installed my EFI, exhaust and DP and the very next day one of the lines for my shock reservoir broke so I need an new shock and now a sensor for the over flow.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts