Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently my low coolant has been coming on some days then some days it wont. i changed my rad. cap and topped off the coolant in hopes maybe that was the problem. i can't find leaks anywhere exhaust doesn't smell sweet no white smoke and i did the paper towel check on my oil and it seems fine. my next try is i'm going to try changing the thermostat and see wat happens any thoughts or help would be appreciated :drink

·
Registered
88 Posts
More than likely it's the water pump. Look for any stains coming off of the bottom of the pump, if it's small enough it may evaporate before it leaks onto the driveway.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats wat i've been reading i'm going to look tomorrow i just can't seem to find the right place to look to find it haha

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i don't know i've checked my oil and it don't look like there's any coolant in it and my exhaust doesnt' smell sweet and some times when i take the cap off it'll fill back up to normal height

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think its hard but how hard is hard like is it going to be Rock hard?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright i'll check in the mornign if i remember to haha i also checked in my coolant tank while it was running to look for bubbles and there weren't any if thats any help

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
checked my rad tube today and it felt like a tennis ball but coolant level was normal and has been for the last 4 days since i filled. called the dealer and they said to try changing my thermostat to see if it might just be sticking open? that make sense to anyone?

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
checked my rad tube today and it felt like a tennis ball but coolant level was normal and has been for the last 4 days since i filled. called the dealer and they said to try changing my thermostat to see if it might just be sticking open? that make sense to anyone?
Hopefully not hg's bud

·
Registered
957 Posts
if it was h.g. wouldnt his oil be milky?

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
if it was h.g. wouldnt his oil be milky?
From what I've read on the forum, head gaskets don't seen to blow between the water jacket and oil passages. Due to this, the oil doesn't become milky.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mines doing the same thing only hard hose. An GM told me the same thing to change the stats. Hope this is it an not HG's.I'm gong to do my stats today.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Good luck guys. I would order your new headstuds now. Just saying,,,, been there done that. Time to rob the piggy banik

·
Registered
44 Posts
I know I just don't want t:cookoo[1]:eek: face it!

·
Registered
957 Posts
From what I've read on the forum, head gaskets don't seen to blow between the water jacket and oil passages. Due to this, the oil doesn't become milky.
all over me today tony :poke[1]:

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Mine would use approximately 1/2 gallon every 20k or so. Top it up and keep an eye on it.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah i've come to terms with the fact its probably the hg ha ha so I'll probably be doing studs to ha ha

1 - 20 of 26 Posts